Greg is a modern World Explorer, Film-maker, Mobile & Google friendly Website producer, & Entrepreneur at the intersection of travel and technology. He has directed, shot, edited, and produced over 30 high definition travel and lifestyle related videos on Youtube in addition to producing ChicVoyage in Asia – modern travel adventures on the Amazon.com store in 2012. He has been instructed by globally renown SLR Director and film-maker Phillip Bloom. His 4 month 2013 journey took him to Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
Before heading to Melbourne I had just left Auckland New Zealand with my suitcases, camera gear, and dreams to experience Melbourne.
My plan was to spend 14 days living like a local in Melbourne, filming, and asking whether Melbourne really is the most livable city in the world? First I would live with Airbnb locals getting a taste for the lifestyle in the South Bank area and then going on to explore sights, sounds, and tastes of downtown Melbourne. Exploring the grafitti alleys of Hosier lane, sampling pour over coffee at Market Lane, or enjoying a glass of wine at a local Jazz and wine bar.
I met a family friend Melissa and we would visit the colorful houses of Brighton beach and taste some of the best pies at Skyhigh Mount Dandenong. I visited Victoria market and the infamous Rod Laver stadium, home of the Australian Open.
A trip to Melbourne would be incomplete without exploring the coast on the Great ocean road tour for a day long road trip seeing koala’s and sights like the twelve apostles.
I think travel guides with dry information is boring. You can just head over to the travel wiki for text information. If you want to follow my personal adventure and learn about Melbourne in a more interesting way through my story then you’ll want to click here or on the picture for by e-book on Amazon.
In the book you can expect
– My real personal story and experiences in Melbourne
– Travel tips like where to get the best pies or which is the best wine jazz bar in town
– A new feature I’m introducing with this book. Twitter posts I made during the actual trip that capture the detail and mood to precise detail
– Useful links or addresses of the places I visited at the end of the book
– A live google map with the places I visited
Favorite Melbourne experiences
- Hanging out at Federation Square on a nice day
- Walking through South Bank and enjoying the patio
- Enjoying live Jazz at the Transit Cocktail lounge and Federation Square
- Sampling the coffee houses
- Brunch at Manchester Press
- Enjoy a sunset at Brighton beach
4 day usable itinerary
- Start your day off by visiting a Patricia Coffee Brewers
- Visit federation square and take some photos and visit the tourist information center to book a great ocean road tour
- Walk down South Bank and sample the patio dining experience
- Go up to the Eureka Tower accessed on South Bank
- Enjoy the fire show at South bank in the evening
- Visit Croft Alley in Chinatown
- Try out a Wagyu Burger at trump
- Visit the Victoria market for produce and coffee
- Have a drink at the Transit cocktail lounge at Federation Square
- Visit St. Kilda Beach
- Have lunch at Fitzroy
- Visit Brighton beach to catch a sunset
- Dinner at Swanson street
- The Great Ocean Road Tour
Want to Earn your Freedom?
Subscribe for My Gear Kit, Video & Business tips, my favorite destinations, and gems