Starbucks Taipei 101 is a must-see If you’re going for a visit to see Taipei 101 which I highly recommend. It offers the some of the best views of Taipei for the lowest cost. The best views for free are at the elephant mountain hike, which I’ll cover on the future post. You’ll need to make an advance appointment to do so. You can watch the video to get the phone number and they understand english.
It is easy to get there. You can take the MRT underground subway and closest station is Taipei 101 World Trade Center on the new red line. The red line was installed around September 2013 so you’re in luck.
The verdict: It is a bit of a hassle to get there, but armed with this information and if you’re already going to visit Taipei 101 this is a must do.
For the price of a coffee and food you can get amazing views and skip competing with the crowds trying to go to the viewing platform.
While you’re in this area here are some ideas of what to do.
- Eat at the Xinyi food court in the basement level for good cheap eats
- Try the Xiao long Bao at the Din Tai Fung by the same MRT exit 4. It’s probably the biggest and busiest of the Din Tai Fung branches in Taipei so be prepared.
- Jason’s market place is nearby which is the closest thing Taipei has to wholefoods. You can grab a nice ipa beer and drink it while you wait.
- Visit the ATT4Fun area. There are more places to eat, watch movies, and drink.
- Go for a visit to Elephant Mountain for a hike and the best views of Taipei.
Want to Live a Travel Videographer Lifestyle
Subscribe for Travel Video tips, Slow travel tips. my favorite destinations, how to EARN, gems like favorite eats & drinks, and more