As a Travel Videographer 2018 turned about to be a great year in many aspects. As you’ll see there was plenty of travel and my camera came along for the ride. I brought my camera in each of these locations for my Stock Footage subscribers. I’m still playing a bit of catch up with too much content sitting on my hard-drives. Be sure to check out my Youtube Channel to see some of the videos.
2018 – (click on the links for exciting content)
- Koh Tao * Koh Phagnan – Filmed and visited these beautiful islands in Thailand
- Partnered with Phil Ebiner on Final Cut Pro X Course
- Cebu – First trip to the Phillipines. Filmed whale sharks, the waterfalls, and some island hopping
- Spent plenty of time in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Very strong Video collections here
- I was commissioned to film drone footage in the region. Acquired the Mavic air drone, Thai drone license and insurance, and went to Phuket to get up to speed
- Filming Assignments in Busan, Nagasaki, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, and Taiwan
- Spent plenty of time in Kuala Lumpur. Took a side trip to Melakka
- Got my first intern for Chicvoyage from South Africa trained her in Bangkok
- First Trip to the Maldives
- 3 Weeks in Vietnam (Saigon, Danang, Hanoi)
- Filled up passport and was denied entry to Cambodia due to no blank page left
- Layover in Hong Kong and Shanghai
- Home for the holidays in Vancouver in Winter
- Upgrades – Purchased some gear upgrades. New Windows laptop (Huawei), Backpack, lens adaptor, luggage
- Upgraded Adobe photoshop, Adobe Premiere
- New Canadian passport for the next 10 years!
Plans for 2019
I would like to slow down my travel and prioritize more time on getting more content online. 2018 was a wild ride, and somewhere in there I turned 40. I plan to spend more time in Malaysia instead of Thailand in 2019. I’m pretty sure I’ll be back and forth between the two. There is also a lot of places to explore in Malaysia such as Sabah, Ipoh, and Sarawak. My grandmother is in Singapore, and I may be be due for a visit there and refresh my footage as well. Kuala Lumpur has great flights to Cambodia, Shen Zhen, and Sri lanka so don’t be surprised if there are some side trips there. I also want to try to return to Canada in the summer. I want to check out Montreal, Toronto, New York and enjoy a summer in Vancouver with the family.
Resolutions for 2019
- I would like to lose some weight from 181 lbs to 165 lbs through exercise and better nutrition
- Double the earnings for the business
- Visit my family and Canada twice during the year
- Less travel and more quality content online and marketing
- Master Adobe Premiere on the new laptop
If you’re wondering how I sustain this travel lifestyle throughout the years I offer Video services and have many online passive revenue streams. For example, I offer freelance Videos to client in the Asia region and in Canada. I can also offer video editing services for clients that shoot footage on vacation and don’t have time to edit. If you want to learn more about how I create an online passive income using my footage and other business skills you need please check out my online course “How to Start an Online Business from Anywhere using Video” using this sale price link.
Want to Live a Travel Videographer Lifestyle
Subscribe for Travel Video tips, Slow travel tips. my favorite destinations, how to EARN, gems like favorite eats & drinks, and more
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.