As a Videographer and Entrepreneur what can we learn from Food Youtuber Mark Wiens, based out of Bangkok Thailand? Mark started posting regular food videos about street food mostly in South East Asia in 2011. This is long before the vlogging gained popularity. 7 years later he has well over 1.7 Million subscribers, which has made him very successful in the travel food space and earning a good living. I’ve studied Mark and these are some of the key tips I think we can learn from him:
- Get the right gear to produce videos and focus on a niche (In this case food travel videos in Asia)
- Post consistently good content. Mark posts videos twice a week
- Be interesting and passionate in the videos and smile a lot
- Use your large following to monetize on products like merchandise. Mark sells his red pepper logo on his own line of hats and t-shirts
Mark has given me inspiration to create more Youtube videos consistently and trying to incorporate my love of food in my videos. He is also currently living in Bangkok with wife and a kid. I think he is a great role model for travel videographers today.
Check out the Podcast for more of my thoughts on Mark’s success.
Want to Live a Travel Videographer Lifestyle
Subscribe for Travel Video tips, Slow travel tips. my favorite destinations, how to EARN, gems like favorite eats & drinks, and more
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Create & Earn your Freedom
Subscribe for tips to help improve your ability to create and earn your time & location freedom.
What your will get:
- Gear & Tools I use for my Business
- Tips to Improve your Ability to Create & Earn with your creativity
- Business & Marketing Tips
- Destination Guides